Explore the many benefits of yoga for mind, body and soul by joining our new programme of Simply Yoga classes in the studio.
At Fitness Is My Life, we firmly believe yoga can be for everyone.
We extend our warm, friendly compassion and enthusiasm to all who choose to practice with us.
Practiced in India for over two millennia, yoga has become a popular activity across the Western world as it is suitable for just about everyone and brings many tangible benefits. Considered both a science and an art, yoga is a practical philosophy aimed at uniting the body, mind and soul for health and wellbeing.
A fit and supple body can be developed through the practice of postures, also known as asanas. Asanas work on all the bodily systems, toning the muscles, stimulating the circulation and improving overall health. But the benefits are not only physical: as postures are mastered and techniques introduced for relaxation and breath control.
You will find that yoga has the power to calm the mind, increase concentration and help you cope with stresses of everyday life.
Practical Information About Simply Yoga Glasgow
- If it is your first time attending yoga at Fitness Is My Life, please arrive 10 minutes before class so that we can enrol you and show you round
- It is best to wear loose comfortable clothing and yoga is practised in bare feet (please follow instructor’s guidance on storing shoes and other personal items in the studio)
- We have shower facilities, changing areas and bike storage available for use at the entrance to the main building
- It is advisable to allow at least 3 to 4 hours after eating a main meal and practising yoga. If it is just a light snack, then give yourself at least an hour. If you really need a burst of energy before class then have a yoghurt, piece of fruit, or vegetable soup – anything that is easy to digest
- Mats and equipment are provided although we advise to bring your own mat
- Please arrive on time. We do not allow late arrival for class in the interests of a peaceful and effective practice
- Please advise the teacher before class if you have any injury or ailment. Women, please note there are contra indications to some postures when pregnant or menstruating therefore inform the teacher
- Students under 16 years of age are required to be accompanied by an adult