This 1-day Introduction to Remedial Massage workshop provides an insight for health and fitness professionals into a range of soft tissue techniques that can be used safely and effectively with clients to support their recovery and improve functional performance.
This workshop will focus on assessment and treatment techniques relating to soft tissue manipulation and joint mobilisations for back, neck and spine conditions.
Next Course Date: Sunday 3rd October 2021
Course Price: £135
The following topics are covered in this workshop:
- Benefits and effects of massage on the skeletal, muscular and nervous systems
- Anatomy and physiology relating to back, neck and spine
- Effective consultation techniques to communicate with clients in a clinical setting
- Physical assessment procedures and safety checks for identifying conditions and injuries
- Active, passive and resisted mobilisations
- Contraindications to massage
- Soft tissue manipulation techniques including myofascial release, soft tissue release, deep transverse friction and trigger point therapy
- Joint mobilisation techniques including muscle energy techniques and reciprocal inhibition
- Health and safety when working in a clinical environment
Candidates are expected to have completed a level 2 certificate or equivalent in a related health or fitness subject.
If you are not sure if you meet the expected entry requirements for this workshop, please give us a call on 0141 816 0890 or use our online contact form.
How do I register?
To register a place on this course, please use the automated checkout button complete your registration.
Full payment is required at time of booking.
If you can no longer attend this course for any reason please let us know as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to charge full course fees for cancellations received within 72 hours of the scheduled course start date.
Still have questions?
We look forward to welcoming you to our upcoming course. If you have any questions about joining any of our courses, please give us a call on 0141 816 0890 or use our online contact form.